The University Grants Commission (UGC) has launched a scheme on skills development based higher education as part of college/university education, leading to Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.) Degree with multiple exits such as Diploma/Advanced Diploma under the NSQF. The B.Voc. programme is focused on universities and colleges providing undergraduate studies which would also incorporate specific job roles and their NOSs along with broad based general education. This would enable the graduates completing B.Voc. to make a meaningful participation in accelerating India’s economy by gaining appropriate employment, becoming entrepreneurs and creating appropriate knowledge.
- To provide judicious mix of skills relating to a profession and appropriate content of General Education.
- To ensure that the students have adequate knowledge and skills, so that they are work ready at each exit point of the programme.
- To provide flexibility to the students by means of pre-defined entry and multiple exit points.
- To integrate NSQF within the undergraduate level of higher education in order to enhance employability of the graduates and meet industry requirements. Such graduates apart from meeting the needs of local and national industry are also expected to be equipped to become part of the global workforce.
- To provide vertical mobility to students coming out of 10+2 with vocational subjects.
Levels of Awards
The certification levels will lead to Diploma/Advanced Diploma/B. Voc. Degree in one or more vocational areas and will be offered under the aegis of the University. This is out-lined in Table I.
|Awards||Duration||Corresponding NSQF Level|
|Advanced Diploma||2 years||6|
|B.Voc. Degree||3 years||7|
All universities and colleges included under Sections 2(f) and 12(B) of the UGC Act, 1956 and receiving plan grant from the UGC are eligible for UGC financial assistance under the scheme.
Eligibility for admission in B.Voc.
The eligibility condition for admission to B.Voc. programme shall be 10+2 or equivalent, in any stream.
Partnership with Tourism & Hospitality Skill Council related to B.Voc. Program
Tourism & Hospitality Skill Council is the authorised certification body for THSC Vocational areas for NSQF Qualification Packs (QPs)
For more details related to B.Voc., please write to Head Standards: firstname.lastname@example.org
Process flow for the conduct of outcomes-based Trainings Assessments and Certifications for Tourism & Hospitality Qualification Packs by Tourism & Hospitality Skill Council under BVoc Scheme